Friday, August 9, 2013

AONB Commission

I was lucky enough to get a commission for Gwynedd County Councils new Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) web page.  This basically involves shooting some local areas of interest and fishermen at work. While this may sound simple I have to find the best and most interesting vantage points for the landscape elements and go on a few fishing trips by August 20th which happens to be my birthday.  

I have just spent 3 hours scouting the locations tonight to find interesting vantage points as well as to get a better handle on the locations themselves.  As I have quoted 20 hours to do this work I am concerned that I have used 3 with nothing to show for it yet. But not to worry this is good time invested and has been coupled with using google maps to determine the lie of the land and find the best time of day to do the shoot with the principle subject being well lit. I want to work with the light and not against it.  I of course want to show some good images but it seems the weather may be working against me as the skies are going to be overcast. This may not be a big problem as I may be lucky with some sun breaks making an interesting image. I would however prefer light on the subject as I admire the work of Joe Cornish who uses light in the most exquisite ways.  

I will be going to look for a location to shoot Garnfadryn in the Llyn Peninsula in North Wales in the morning. I have had a good scout on the internet to utilise local knowledge and the best place to take the shot appears to be Rhiw which is to the South West. This of course means that I need to shoot in late afternoon and if I am lucky some low cloud or mist would add that lovely atmosphere. This does not mean that I could not shoot it early am but being backlit I would definitely want the mist to enhance the silhouette of the hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment